Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Nathaniels...

Threaded View

I've never known a Nathaniel myself so I can't answer that question. When I was about 20, Nathaniel was one of my favourite names and when I was imagining what my Nathaniel would be like, I pictured a redhead (possibly because the first Nathaniel I ever heard of was the one on Promised Land, or possibly because I had a big crush on Rupert Grint at that time in my life, hahaha), and bookish. I don't think I would have said "wimpy", because I don't find Daniel or Nathan to be wimpy, but I do think they're soft and smooth... this is a good thing.

I definitely don't think Nathaniel would be wimpy, but for some reason, I don't really picture a jock being named Nathaniel... however, Nathaniel easily lending itself to Nate, I see that as a more "athletic" name, but obviously a Nathaniel could be an athlete, a math wiz, an artist, an adventure-seeker, or anything else. Each kid is an individual, and I've never come across any name where *everyone* I've met with that name has been exactly the same. I had 12 students named Mikel last year and each one was very distinct.
    Lucia
    Name aficionada, traveller, teacher, wonderfully enamoured
    Sela Beatrix, Eleanora Ivy, Hyacinth Maude
    Bastian Leir, Gideon Felix, Fletcher Atlas