Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nathaniels...

I've known several Nathaniels in college. One was one of my best friends, a really kind and fun guy. Another was a computer geek. Another was into sports.

Like dindlee said, I wouldn't let someone's own personal issues with a name stop you from using it. It's a great, classic name. Maybe your Nathaniel will finally change his perception. It's not like you'd be naming your kid Lucifer or anything like that.

Personally, I've had an issue with the name Paul. All the Pauls I've known have been nasty people. But I still know it's a great classic name and I wouldn't automatically judge someone negatively upon first meeting them if they had the name Paul.

My nephew is Nathan (just Nathan so I don't know if that makes a difference for you) and frankly, he's one of the most spoilt, whiny, clingy, rude children I know. Because of that and the other four (FOUR) Jonathan's in my immediate family, I will never use any Nathan- name.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k m

Florence Beatrix Guinevere Helena Vivian
    August Barnaby Roland Whitney Atlas

I know of 2 Nathaniel's (Nathan), 1 being a punk/goth but he was lovely - One of my close friends from school Dont talk no more though. The other was lovely I never had no problems with him.

I have known 2. One was athletic and nice. The other was a nice family man. No bad experiences here. I get what he is saying though. I don't know if I have ever met a nice Jason.

I've only known one and he was super nice.

I think it's kind of funny to judge a name based on the collective personality of others with that name.

I can totally understand if a name is soured for you by it reminding you of a not very nice person, but I hardly think that the name is the problem if you happen to know of a handful of mean guys who bear the name. Seems like basing a choice on coincidence and hearsay.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin