Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adryana...

Adryana...

I know, I know. It's a butchered spelling, trust me I know!

Unfortunately I've haboured this fondness for it...I don't know why or how.
    Is it workable? If not, talk me out of my madness - point out all the reasons why not. :P

EDIT: Oh, oh, what about Adriyana? *hides in shame*
    Last edited by east93; May 9th, 2013 at 03:26 AM.
    Nathaniel . Eden | Alessandra . Noel

I like it but I prefer Adriana mostly because I said Ay-dry-ar-na
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    Future middle names will honour family
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Aside from looking kree8tiv in the worst way, the -y changes the pronunciation from Ah-dree-ah-nah to Ah-dry-yannah. Y's and I's are not interchangeable. It isn't the same name.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Aside from looking kree8tiv in the worst way, the -y changes the pronunciation from Ah-dree-ah-nah to Ah-dry-yannah. Y's and I's are not interchangeable. It isn't the same name.
    Having the word "dry" in it is enough to sway me, you have succeeded! Perhaps I'll throw it into a story idea for use. :P
    All I can see is "A dry..."
    Nathaniel . Eden | Alessandra . Noel

I am vastly preferential to Adriyana. Adryana looks kree8tiphve, but Adriyana changes the pronunciation every so slightly to make it even PRETTIER.

Ay-dree-AH-nuh

compared to

Ay-dree-YAH-nuh

I actually LIKE the second one! haha. It also looks more complete; Y is an iffy vowel at best, and the I keeps things cohesive and fluid.

Also, Adriyana > Adriana
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.