Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

reactions to names

my husband doesnt want us telling our familes the names we have picked out. i am having a hard time keeping the secret. but i am afraid his opinionated mom wont like them and wont let us hear the end of it til baby is here. could you please tell me what you think of the names?

Boys:
    Colton Clifford Virgil St0ne
    i love the name cole, but it doesn't go with st0ne on its own very well. sounds like "cold stone." husband mentioned colton and we both love it. clifford is my grandfather's middle name (who died 8 years ago. it is also the middle name of his father and my father and my father goes by cliff. my father is a third). virgil is one of the middle names of my husband's grandfather. my husband and his grandfather both have two middle names, so we would like to carry on the tradition.

walden thomas william st0ne
    husband and i both like walden. like wally or walt as nicknames. thomas is my husband's other grandfather's first name and william is my other grandfather's first name. i love both of the middle names, but they are a bit too common to use in the first name spot. a little concerned using walden as a sibling set with colton because their ending is so similar.
    other names my husband and i like are desmond, vernon, and dorian. my husband really likes the "en" ending.

girls:
    avery josephine birdie st0ne
    even though it has risen in popularity, i just love the name avery. originally i wanted avery elise st0ne, with birdie as the nickname. both because i associate avery with aviary and secondly because my grandmother's name is huberta and she goes by berta. she hates her name but i think birdie is a really cute form of it. my other grandmother's name was betty jo, so that is where i got josephine from. i think "ava jo" is just about the cutest nickname ever. what do you guys think?

rosemary adelaide st0ne
    also really love the name rosemary. really hope we have two girls so i can use this name too. there are many family names that i would love to use, but i just love adelaide with rosemary. wish i could think of a cute nickname like ava jo. maybe rosie mae?

other family names (on my side, i haven't explored my husband's side yet)
    augusta (great-grandmother)
    lillian (great-grandmother)
    virginia (great-great-aunt and really close with my granfather)
    ann (mom's middle name, husband's grandmother's name and husband's other grandmother's middle name)

we will probably use avery and colton for first daughter and son, respectively. just needed to get some reactions so i can be prepared for my mother-on-law's reaction!

thanks!