Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I agree with the others that the W is necessary.

I read bomb-en when I first saw Boman. .... reminds me of Obama
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

Oh, yes, definitely Bowman. Since it means bowman, a synonym of archer, it seems silly to remove the W that reflects the name's origin and meaning. Boman looks like it's missing something--the W.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Quote Originally Posted by auroradawn View Post
    Oh, yes, definitely Bowman. Since it means bowman, a synonym of archer, it seems silly to remove the W that reflects the name's origin and meaning. Boman looks like it's missing something--the W.
    Actually, Boman with that spelling means "Great Mind" so adding the W changes the meaning of the name as well. Boman isn't simply an alternative spelling that I made up.

Ah, sorry. Live and learn. I knew you didn't make Boman up, since I've seen it before, but I did assume Boman and Bowman were the same name. It's your choice which you prefer--I still prefer Bowman.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Bowman, Boman looks like a made up name.