Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    My immediate thought was of the island; the one that got mostly destroyed by the Soufriere Hills eruption. If it absolutely has to be used, it should only be in the middle spot :/
    Yerp. Poor Montserrat I remember learning about that in Geography. There is an actress Montserrat Lombard who was in 'Ashes to Ashes' but I really don't like it as a name.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I've always liked the look of Montserrat, but felt it was unusable. The "monster rat" thing never came to me, but I do think of Julian Serrat from the (short lived!) TV show Last Resort--he was kind of awful, so that mixed with "monster rat" gives it a pretty negative image. I definitely wouldn't use it for a FN, but maybe with the right FN it could work as a MN?

It is terrible.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

If you love it, use it, but I recommend the middle only!

Montserrat is my youngest sister's name. She hates it. She calls herself Monster Rat and always yells at our dad for giving her a name that ends in rat. She's 13, so I find it all rather amusing (if it wasn't her name it would be something else) but she has a point. We call her Monse (we're Spanish speakers, so Monse is rather pretty), and nothing else. I happen to think the name sounds gorgeous in Spanish, which is probably why dad chose it. He doesn't speak fluent English and probably never even noticed the Monster Rat sound.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    If you love it, use it, but I recommend the middle only!

Montserrat is my youngest sister's name. She hates it. She calls herself Monster Rat and always yells at our dad for giving her a name that ends in rat. She's 13, so I find it all rather amusing (if it wasn't her name it would be something else) but she has a point. We call her Monse (we're Spanish speakers, so Monse is rather pretty), and nothing else. I happen to think the name sounds gorgeous in Spanish, which is probably why dad chose it. He doesn't speak fluent English and probably never even noticed the Monster Rat sound.
    I was wondering how it would be pronounced in Spanish? I imagine it would make the name a heck of a lot nicer?
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf