Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Caro as a name, not nickname?

My grandmother passed away recently, we were very close and I want to honor her by naming my baby after her in some form. Her name was Carolyn Rose. I love Rose as a middle name, but it's also my sisters middle name and two of my nieces. And-my grandmother didn't actually like her middle name.

I've thought about using the name Caro but people keep telling me it reminds them of Karo Syrup. What do you think? Any other suggestions/variations are appreciated. Thanks!

I agree that they syrup thing is going to come up. Or Cairo, Egypt. How about Carolyn or Caroline?

I don't think this one works a a given name. It might be better to use Caroline.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

I agree that the association to Karo Syrup or Cairo could be problematic. I think Caroline nn Caro is adorable, though, and I think it'd honor your grandmother wonderfully. I think Cairo or Caro would work just fine as a MN, though.

I don't know what Karo Syrup is but I think of Cairo when I see it. What about Cara or Carrie, nicknames which are more able to be given names?
    My two bundles of love, Dominic Joseph and Tabitha Faye