Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Emily a popular baby name?

I was taking about names with my husband and he didn't know that Emily is and has been a popular baby name. I was stunned.

LOL a lot of times parents assume that the names that were popular when they were kids are still popular today- not so, obviously!

I would have thought having 5 kids he would have been a bit more familiar with current name trends. Of course last summer my son made friends with a boy named Asher and my husband was totally confused.

This reminds me of talking with my mom. She's always so surprised when I tell her about names of students that I have (especially vintage comebacks). Names that seem totally normal and on trend (like Clara, Emma, Evelyn, Lily, Violet to name a few), get "That's such an old lady name" from her.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie

I think you have to know a lot of little children or be a primary school teacher to know what's currently popular! I know two baby girls called Emily born in the last two months.

I thought there weren't many Harriets around and three pop out recently and it's climbing the charts here in the UK.