Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

do you like this name as a sister for Bella?

I'am not pregnant just planning for the long long future.so my favorite girl name is Isabella Marie nn Bella.recently I fell in love with the name Melisande.I think it's very romantic and pretty name. But iam not sure if goes well with Bella
    I would like to ask
    1 what middles name goes well?
    2 I love nn but I don't like meli as a nn
    3 do you think Isabella and Melisande are a good sibset?
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Hebe ~ Idile ~ Psyche ~ Io ~ Agapi ~ Monaxia .
    Little gent is currently nameless .

Isabella and Melisande are ok in sound, but Isabella is so very popular and Melisande is almost completely unheard of. I would love other -bel names with Melisande though, such as Amabel, Orabel, Christabel, Florabel/Florabella, Mirabel/Mirabella, Dorabel, Clarabella.

Melisande Louise
    Melisande Alys/Alice
    Melisande Lucy
    Melisande Iris
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Isabella and Melisande are in the same style but, like Ottilie says, massively different in popularity.

Isabella and Melissa are a bit more matched in popularity, or another -bel name with Melisande as suggested above.

Ultimately though, they're not an awful pairing, but be prepared for one sister to find her name on everything and be Isabella X while Melisande might never meet another one.

Nicknames for Melisande:
    Lissie
    Lisa
    Sandy
    Missy
    Andy

Middles:

Melisande Claire
    Melisande Lorraine
    Melisande Diane
    Melisande Grace
    Melisande Chloe
    Melisande Sophie/Sophia

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I agree with others about the gap in popularity.

Melisande Fleur
    Melisande Claire
    Melisande Isaure
    Melisande Jane/Jean
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna.
    21 years old name nerd. Finally done with uni.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

Do you think bellerose ,amabel and Arabella goes better with Melisande?also what do you think of Melisande?

P. S. Thanks all of you for your opinions :-)
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Hebe ~ Idile ~ Psyche ~ Io ~ Agapi ~ Monaxia .
    Little gent is currently nameless .