Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Is anyone else bothered by these types of "games"?

I keep seeing these games where the stories involve infertility, miscarriage, death of a child, etc. I am so disturbed by this. Am I being overly sensitive? It's an issue I've struggled with personally so maybe I have a stronger reaction than most? I just find this terribly offensive. Do others?
    Top 20
    Silas/Cyrus~Gideon~Jasper~Mack(Cormac)~Callum
    Gus(August)~Abram(Abraham)~Everett~Langston~Jed/Jeb(Jedidiah/Jebediah)
    Rafferty~Leo(Leander)~Tobin~Archie(Archer)~Ike(Mic ah)
    Dexter~Remy(Jeremiah)~Ezra~Raleigh~Linc(Lincoln)

Willa(Wilhelmina)~Selah~Lettie(Arletta)~Romy(Rosem ary)~Cora(Coretta)
    Cecelia/Celia~Calla(Calista)~Nola(Magnolia)~Winnie(Winola) ~Maeve
    Rosalie~Maisy~Tilly(Matilda)~Ada(Adelaide)~Junie(J uniper)
    Nova(November)~Tess(Teresa)~Zara~Hazel~Iris

formerly chrbaker

I truly just think it's a game to come up with different names. I don't think anyone should take offense to it. That being said, I haven't struggled with these types of personal issues so I can't fairly say you're being overly sensitive to it either. Maybe if it really bothers you, you should try to avoid the games then? :/ I don't think anyone is trying to be offensive or hurtful, I think it's just thrown out there..
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

I agree with you, these games are fairly offensive and could stir up sensitive memories for some people. Besides the vast majority of miscarriages are not given names, especially early miscarriages. After all, what's the point of having a deceased child or miscarriage in these story games? Is there really any difference in how a name given to a living child as opposed to a stillbirth or miscarriage? I'm pretty surprised that there are so many people who participate in these things.
    I have no idea where I came up with my account name
    Lauren
    No Kids, Lots of Pets
    Fur Aunt to: Nikolai, Pepsi, Creampuff, Waffletrain, Boris, Stella Luna, Alexi, Marshmallow and finally Chester
    Rats, Guinea Pigs, Parakeets, and a Cockatiel.

I haven't come across any of these games, but I never look at the game threads. I agree, it's offensive, but remember most of these games are made up by teenagers who have no experience with these issues and probably don't realise they're upsetting people. They should reconsider their narratives. There are plenty of ways to come up with names rather than naming miscarriages or stillborn babies. It's very macabre, if you ask me.
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I agree with everyone. I don't think anyone should get TERRIBLY offended, but at the same time, it doesn't make sense to put something like that in a game where you're supposed to just name imaginary children.
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.