Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    "It's an issue I've struggled with personally so maybe I have a stronger reaction than most"...

I disagree with unstated reasoning that other people only mention these issues as they haven't dealt with them personally.
    Whilst I don't play these games for other reasons, these aren't exactly uncommon issues and I think it's because (despite what we may want to think) in this day and age (in the era of post-after school specials and drug and alcohol awareness), the taboo of these issues have been heavily removed.
    I don't think it (only) involves the <18 sheltered set, but I could see why someone would mention it on a baby naming forum as it is not that uncommon. There is a school of thought that adheres to the notion that mentioning an issue and facing an issue head on is better than avoidance as the longer you try to forget an issue the longer it stays with you.
    I'm just offering an alternate explanation and are in no way condoning the posts as I spend very little time in that section of the forums.

Just answering the question as to why someone else may not be as bothered by these type of posts and why people play these games.

I do play some of the games, but I won't play them if they've got anything "horrible" happening in them.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~