Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    This exactly.

The BNGs are played almost exclusively by the <18 set (maybe the <15 set). To them the stories simply sound dramatic and result in lots of babies to name, plus some big life roles to sort out (usually the protagonist manages to get married and land a hot career in the same story). Even though they frequently involve infant or perinatal death, homelessness, rape, abuse, abandonment, heartbreak, and other forms of human ugliness, the plucky heroine pulls through, which is all that matters when you're a sheltered adolescent with incompletely developed empathy.

Stages of life.
    Oh yeah, there are lots of these games circulating here. I would never start a thread like that, or comment on one for that matter. They are disturbing to me personally and definitely not a good way to pass your time on an otherwise positive site. This site was made for names, not annoying stories about drama and scary stuff.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Yeah, this is why I don't play any of the games here. Way too involved and possibly disturbing.

I'd love to see some more CAF games or congrats or something, where it's just all about the naming of pretend babies.
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103

I largely ignore the name game board. I don't feel like reading through 73 pages of posts to "get" the game. The ones with the stories at the beginning are even worse.

I'd rather spend time here sharing about names for real babies.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman
    Other favorites:
    Ladies: Fiala Joan · Alma · Miriam · Claudia · Tabitha · Helena · Linnea · Vivian
    Gents: Jasper Simon · Arthur · Simon · Desmond · Theodore · Malcolm
    · Dexter · Phillip
    Guilty Pleasures: Lyric · Echo · Hero · Juno/Juniper · Lark · Wren · Zephyr · Vesper
    · Loki · Kyrie

I do enjoy playing the occasional name bank games - it gives me a reason to put together names/combos I normally wouldn't, and take inspiration from them. I've even made a couple myself. I can't say I've ever seen one involving rape or anything though. I suppose the ones involving adoption/homelessness/infertility/teen pregnancy are meant to make it seem more like 'real life' where not everything is perfect(?)

I played the story ones when I first joined nameberry, but now have matured a little and more about actually contributing to conversation in other forums.
    Sylvie | Ronan | Genevieve | August
    [formerly nj003]

I like the name game forum but I only like to play the games like "drop your favorite" and "initials" games, etc.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden