Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Realistic for an all-American girl?

Lately I've been crushing on two very foreign-sounding names - Anouk and Constanza. I'm no part French and no part Italian, but I actually speak French fluently and plan on majoring in it in college (& there's like a 99% chance I'll study abroad somewhere French-speaking). Are these names realistic for a girl that isn't actually French or Italian? And what do you think of them?

I feel that you should be okay, seeing as you speak the language and can properly pronounce the names. There might be trouble, though, when it comes to an American correctly pronouncing the name.
    Just a lonely teenager creating a life through characters. Budding author and future failure. I despise the idiots. The nameless berry.

Chandler-Fallon-Adelaide-Antoinette-Avalon

Alastair-Quillon-Ephraim-Luther-Atticus

Yes! Especially if you're into French language and culture. Normally that kind of thing bothers me, but if you have a solid background it's totally fine.

I don't like Anouk, (Uh-nook?) but Constanza is okay.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Yes, especially if you speak French. Adore Anouk- J'adore!
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold/Ottilie Amina*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

Anouk! I love Anouk. Plus, if French culture is that important to you and you're fluent, why not? I am not even fluent in French, but I would still use a French name. Constanza, on the other hand--there's less of a tie, and it seems a bit less mainstream, but why not? It's a nice name. I love Eleni and Giovanna, just because I love them--I really have no tie to Greek or Italian culture, but I would still easily name my daughter Eleni Giovanna! I think they're both fine.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter