Names Searched Right Now:

Are these names too similar?

This is my first thread, so please be kind! My husband and I are planning to TTC at the end of this year, and I'll be honest, I've gone a little name obsessed. I know you can't plan for exactly what you'll have, but I'd really like to have "the names" picked out for any potential sibling sets we could be blessed with (or at least be 99% sure of what we want). Just call me a super planner

We already know that if we have one girl, her name will be Aveline (pronounced A-vuh-leen). Nicknamed Lina. A middle name won't be decided on until we're actually expecting. I want to find another girl's name that my husband and I love just as much for a potential sister. The problem though, is that the names have to be somehow taken from, or inspired by names of family members.

Three names I've been pushing hard for are Elouise, Elouisa, or Elowen.

I had a great grandpa Louis whom I would love to honor. I'm also very drawn to "L's" and absolutely adore the nickname Loie (low-ee) as a slight nod to my grandpa. I think that Elouisa flows better than Elouise with our 3-syllable last name, and it gives my husband that little bit of Italian flair (he's Italian, I'm Hungarian/Irish) but I'm worried that it's a bit of a mouth full? Our last name is 3-syllable Italian that starts with a "B", and ends in an "i"

The other option, Elowen, is also starting to tug at my heart strings. It gives us the Lowie nickname that I love so much, with an added bonus for nickname Winnie. 1) Do you think that Winnie is a stretch as a nickname? 2) And do you think Aveline and Elowen have too many similarities?

If it helps, my name and my husbands name are both Irish in origin, 2-syllables that end with "n" so having another name ending with that letter would not bother me a bit.

Also if it helps, a potential boy would either be Rory Lennox, or Royce Lennox. (opinions on these as well are also welcome!) Thanks!

I love the name Aveline My favorite nn is Livy

Elowen nn Winnie I think could definitely work with Aveline. I think the sound combinations, not to mention the nn's are different enough in addition to the origins.

Regarding Rory vs. Royce -- I like Rory, but it seems very nicknamey beside Aveline and Elowen. If you're looking to honor a Roy, what about something like Gilroy, Royston, or Fitzroy or even just Troy?

I love Lennox!
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I too am a little name obsessed. My DH and I aren't TTC, but we are discussing the possibility. I really love Aveline, it's beautiful. One of my favorite names is Adeline (pronounced Ada-leen), however am scared of it being pronounced Ada-line.

I especially like the name Elouise or Elouisa from the other three that you have discussed. Elouise, have you considered spelling it Eloise just to make it more simple for others to spell it? Eloise (or Elouise) would be nice with Aveline and with either Rory or Royce.

I do love Rory Lennox for a boy, it sounds strong and handsome. I also picture a fun loving boy who has a spark of mischief in him!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the feedback!

Kala_way - I'm liking your suggestion of Royston, though I don't know if I could get the hubby on board. We're sticking with names starting with Ro for several reasons.
    1) Each generation in my hubby's family has an "R" name....Reno, Ronald, Ryan (DH).
    2) both of our mother's maiden names started with "Ro"
    3) Royce would also honor my grandmother Joyce.
    4) Royce means "son of king" and Rory is "Red king". There's a heavy theme of royalty, leadership and protectors in our family tree, and these names seemed to help us honor all of them (even if we're the only ones that knew it)

Jtucker - for some reason the first time I saw Eloise I pronounced it in my head like it rhymed with noise. Since then I haven't been able to get over it and I liked the u better.

Ahh, in that case it make me like Royce a little more for you. It definitely feels a bit dated, but it could work.

If you don't go with Elowen, then Rowen/Rowan might be a good choice for a boy.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin