Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

I seriously do not understand what's pretentious about naming your child after a character from your favourite book/author? It can sound stupid because you associate the name with the book (Katniss, Heathcliff, Huckleberry, Albus), sure, but what's pretentious about it? I know how much my favourite book/author means to me, and it would mean even more to me to name my child after one of its characters/the author. Is that pretentious? If you haven't read the book and you name your kid Atticus (after the character in TKAM, not just because you like the name), I can see how it's pretentious. However, Atticus Finch is one of literatures most inspirational characters, so I totally understand why people name their sons after him.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien