Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Iris Athena

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Iris Athena flows nicely although it's a double dose of Greek mythology. I think most people would think of the iris flower or the eye before they would associate Iris with the goddess of the rainbow.
    You noticed! I was using Iris as a flower name and hoping maybe to squeak past the goddess association. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's makes the combo a bit much to have so much mythology going on.

new username @finch

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Iris Athena flows nicely although it's a double dose of Greek mythology. I think most people would think of the iris flower or the eye before they would associate Iris with the goddess of the rainbow.
    I guess I'm the exception :-) Besides my cat, whose name is Iris, the only other thing I think of is the Greek goddess. Though the flower is always in the back of my mind.

I'm kind of a fan of the double dose though, i think it's cool <3

Love the name, by the way! Very pretty.
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

I think it's fantastic and the rhythm is great-- it's pleasant without being sing-songy.

I love it! I love both names, with a special fondness for Athena because of the song by The Who