Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Is Eudoxia too much a stretch for you to honor Dix? Maybe even elaborating it to Dixon could be ok? I do like the idea of a second middle that was previously suggested too.

Something like

Brynn Dixon
    Norah Eudoxia
    Brynn Theresa Dixon
    Norah Colette Dixon
    Brynn Eudoxia Mary
    Norah Eudoxia Jane
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

Is it pronounced like DIX, like the first syllable of Dixon, or like DEE, as in the French word for 10 (dix). I actually think Dix pronounced the French way would be interesting as a MN--if Seven is done, and other random word names like Poet, Tranquil, etc., I think Dix could work, too. I rather like the suggestion of Brynn Amelia Dix (although that would spell BAD--which is a bit off-putting!). If you had a hard time with it, and don't really like the name itself, just the sentimentality, maybe you could change to the opposite pronunciation, or pass down a totally different family name? Or another name that honors the original Dix?

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George