Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sterling

Hybrid View

Sterling

I've always thought Sterling was a very cool name, but kept it as a GP because it seemed too "over the top" (says the woman who's had the name Apollo chosen for 10 years).

Tonight, I was about to text the baby's dad suggesting "Sterling", but was hesitating, when a text message from him popped up and said "Sterling". It was REALLY weird (considering he goes for much more "normal" names), and we both said we loved it but thought it might be "too much".

But thinking about it...I can see the name "Sterling" on a doctor just as much as I can see it on a rock star, teacher, actor, etc. and on a child, teenager, adult, and elderly man.

Do you think Sterling is usable, even if it's not really your style? Or is it too ridiculous? Also, do you think the Archer connection is too much? I doubt that will be a problem in a few years, but a lot of my friends watch the show and will probably make comments on it.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

I used to know boy named Sterling and it fit him rather well. But, because of him, whenever I think of Sterling, I see a boy with long-ish, straight, deep brown hair with eyes to match and a lanky fram.

Sterling has also been on my Top 20 list for some time now. I love it. (My favorite combo is Sterling Campbell.)
    Teenberry. INFP. Ravenclaw. Passions: art, theatre, music, psychology, yoga, meditation, naming, and reading.
    (Changing my name to Zoie Willow.)

For a future...
    Ever-so Darling Daughter:
    Opal Eleanor ~ Lavender Elaine ~ Harmony Ophelia Maude ~ Poet Aurelia Charlotte

Splendid Son:
    Sebastian River - Hugo William Alistair - Hawthorne Timothy Lewis - Rivers Cornelius Henry

I actually knew someone by the name of, Sterling. Middle school kids thought his name was kind of cool. I am not familiar with the Archer reference you speak of, so I will not comment on it. (Unless you meant the show, Arrow.) I actually had it on my list as an homage to my mom. She cannot get of sterling silver jewelry.

Overall, I believe Sterling is very usable, do you have a middle name in mind?

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ●

c a s p i a n .. oberon .. raphael .. solomon .. zephyrus

a m a r y l l i s .. chrysanthe .. isabeau .. lilias .. samara

• ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

I don't know what connection you're talking about at all, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Sterling actually sounds like a classic, almost "WASP-y" name, if you will. I mean that in the best possible way, haha. I actually think it's quite handsome!
    ~* Not Expecting, Just Collecting *~
    Beatrix | Bryony | Cordelia | Eloise | Felicity | Guinevere | Matilda | Penelope | Tabitha | Winifred
    August | Dorian | Ezra | George | Hugo | Leopold | Lysander | Oberon | Theodore | Truman

I think it's so handsome!! I'm gonna suggest it to my boyfriend
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!