Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Sorry, I have the same reaction. I think Lincoln is adorable on a boy, but horribly sexist and trendy on a girl. I love the idea of giving your little girl a great namesake though! Maybe you should look at some great female role models as inspiration for your daughter's name.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by frickyjay View Post
    I specifically chose Nameberry as the site to ask this question because it seems like the audience is a bit more modern-minded...
    Heh, if you're expecting people to say they love Lincoln for a girl, I'm sorry, but you're out of luck! Actually, I don't think this site is very open-minded at all, especially when it comes to boys names on girls. If you saw the original thread discussing Kristen Bell's daughter's name, you'll see that the general reaction was very negative. Personally, I usually dislike boys names on girls (even though Lincoln technically is a place name and not a boys name) and I dislike Lincoln on girls a lot. It's very trendy at the moment and won't age well. Unless you ADORE the name, I'd choose something else.
    Last edited by sarahmezz; May 7th, 2013 at 03:23 AM.
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Ah, sorry to disappoint you. I'm okay with unisex names, but dislike Lincoln for girls. I cannot not think about Abraham Lincoln and it's also a very masculin name to me.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

No love here, either. Before I realized you were asking about it as a girls name, I was going to say that it's something I'd like if it wasn't so trendy. However, once I realized you were asking about it for a girl? Umm..... NO. I agree that there's nothing feminine sounding in Lincoln, especially since it has the nickname Linc/Link.

I'm not particularly fond of modern unisex names as names for girls (I much prefer them for boys) but I will suggest them to some people. However, I greatly dislike boys names being used for girls.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I've always thought of Lincoln as a boy's name. Sorry, I don't like it on a girl and I especially don't like it now that a ridiculous "celebrity" used it for a girl.