Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help find a name for two different styles

Me and my husband are having a hard time coming up with a name for our baby who is due in November. We both have children from previous marriages and this is our first child together. He has two sons named Callum Nathaniel and Alexander Miles, who go by Cal and Alex. I have three kids named Penelope Theodora, Easton Finley, and Magnolia Mae. We have very different styles, and pretty much dislike each others favorite names, which is making this so hard. To get a better sense here are some of our favorite names

His:
    Everett
    Benjamin
    Charles
    Noah
    Harrison

Maya
    Lillian
    Lucy
    Katherine
    Stella

Mine:
    Amory
    Lennox
    Dashiell
    Caspar
    Desmond
    Tobias

Ariadne
    Harlow
    Vivian
    Delphine
    Luna
    Cleo

Very different, so if anyone has any suggestions for names we might both like or just any names in general that would be greatly appreciated. I also love word names but my husband doesn't, so if there are any subtle word or nature names that would be nice too.

Based on your actual children, I don't find the styles too far off. I'll give it a go:

Kathleen
    Cecily
    Genevieve
    Jacqueline
    Juliet

Bennett
    Elliot
    Cormac
    Everett

Celeste on either of your lists? Luna and Stella are actually quite similar.
    Just a lonely teenager creating a life through characters. Budding author and future failure. I despise the idiots. The nameless berry.

Chandler-Fallon-Adelaide-Antoinette-Avalon

Alastair-Quillon-Ephraim-Luther-Atticus

I agree with some of the above comments and don't find your styles polar opposites or anything. He seems to like more traditionally classic and you like more unusual classic, but I think there's a way to meet in the middle. Since the girls all have longer and fairly feminine names, I would stay in that style for a girl and not do the shorter ones (like Luna, Stella, Cleo, etc.).

With Alexander (Alex), Callum (Cal), Penelope, Easton, and Magnolia, I like Harrison, Lillian, Dashiell (Dash), Tobias (Toby), Desmond (Des), Vivian, and Delphine the best.

Some comments on the names on your list and further suggestions:

Everett - works fine with sibset, but I would not use because of same initial as Easton. Alternatives: Elliot, Kenneth, Declan, Malcolm, Russell, Howell, Beckett, Arnett
    Benjamin - works fine with sibset, but fairly common. Alternatives: Bennett, Gabriel, Gideon, Samuel, David, Brennan/Brendan, Theodore
    Charles - works fine with sibset, but I would not use because of Callum. Alternatives: Frederick, George, Henry, Marcus, Gilbert
    Noah - It seems a little short compared to the other names. Alternatives: Nathaniel, Philip, Ronan, Dominic, Nicholas, Roland/Rowland
    Harrison - works well with the sibset. Alternatives: Henry, Truman, Davis, Howell, Gordon, Grant, Julian, Lucas

Maya - I wouldn't use because of it's short and has the same beginning as Magnolia. Alternatives: Layla, Lenora, Nadia, Ramona, Fiona, Isla
    Lillian - I like this a lot with your sibset! Alternatives: Louisa, Lorraine, Juliet, Juliana, Tabitha
    Lucy - love the name, but it's a little short. What about Lucinda or Lucretia with Lucy as a nn?
    Katherine - I like the name, but it's pretty common; alternatives: Caroline, Cassandra, Cecilia, Cordelia, Clementine, Coralie/Coraline, Katrina, Corrine/Corrina; Constance
    Stella - Another one that seems short compared to the other girls' names. Alternatives: Susannah, Serephina, Sabrina, Eleanor, Estelle/Estella, Helena

Amory - love the name, but maybe as a mn? Alternatives: Peregrine (Perry), Lawrence, Stanley, Wesley
    Lennox - Lachlan, Maddox, Lawrence, Truman, Randolph, Brecon, Beckett
    Dashiell - love the name, especially with nn Dash
    Caspar - I prefer Jaspar (and I think that would work better with Callum)
    Desmond - Dexter, Declan, Lachlan, Edmond, Edwin, Edgar, Dillon
    Tobias - great name; alternatives: Thaddeus, Thomas, Todd, Truman, Malachi, Elias, Hugo

Ariadne - while I like the name, I'm not sure that it fits well with the sibset. Alternatives: Amelia, Arabella, Aurelia, Aurora, Araminta, Helena, Phoebe
    Harlow - this seems like a really different style from the rest of the names so I wouldn't use except as a mn.
    Vivian - love this with your sibset. Some alternatives: Violet, Victoria/Victorine, Viveca, Tamsin, Beatrix, Genevieve, Georgina, Roxanne
    Delphine - Unusual, but I like it with your sibset. Alternatives: Daphne, Dorothea, Theodora, Delilah, Bettina, Rosamund, Rosaline