Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    You've got a nice list, I especially like Maia and Serena.

My favourites & why I love them:
    Alcyone - It makes me think of very calm azure seas, the smells and feelings of being by the seaside in Italy in Summer. And I love the beautiful painting by Herbert John Draper, kingfishers and the beautiful story.
    Atalanta - I get a feeling of breeze and needing to hold on to your dress so it doesn't blow off. Warmth and laughter and rushing through meadows. I love nickname Attie.
    Gwenllian - I'm a sucker for Gwen-names, and this is my favourite of them. Gwenllian was a Welsh princess who led an army in battle. Badass namesake (I love names tied to history or mythology). It means flood and it's such a cute name.
    Hespera - Sounds like a warm evening whisper. A nymph in Greek mythology, Tennyson has a poem about her and Frederick Lord Leighton a beautiful painting.
    Liriope - Another nymph. It rolls of the tongue and makes me incredibly happy to say. I have to smile when I say it.
    Lyonesse - So romantic! I love to say it, and the lion-connection. It's also featured in the Arthurian legends as the land Tristan came from (which sank under the sea) and the name of Gareth's beautiful wife.
    Melpomene - It means celebrate with song! Nickname Pom! A muse! And it's fun to say.
    Morgana - Beautiful, dark and stormy, romantic and still sweet. And the enchantress...
    Niniane - It's simply hauntingly beautiful. It's the name of the lady of the lake and it's another one I just love to say. And my boyfriend loves it.
    Polyhymnia - Another muse, and nickname Polly! How cute is that?
    Roxana - I love that this name sounds as if it's dripping with gold and rubies, and a smell of roses and jasmine. Cute nickname Roxy.
    Zenobia - Sweet, spunky and stunningly beautiful. Historical ties, literary ties, Cornish ties. And it's fun to say. And it starts with a Z.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

nkethdy – Love Nora and Daphne!

My Favorites:

Severine – my top name right now. having a difficult time getting others to warm up to it though!
    Louise/Louisa
    Ellery
    Eliza
    Azure
    Evan – love guy names that are spunky on a girl too!

From your list I like:
    Fiona- one of my favorite names, at the top of our list
    Violet- very sweet
    Susannah- prefer this spelling, love this name but my fiancé has a crazy aunt and cousin named Susan and Suzanne so we can't use it

My entire list is in my signature butmy favorites right now are:

Fiona- this has been a favorite of mine for awhile, I love that it is sweet, yet spunky. My fiancé always refers to our future "daughter" as little Fiona (or little Asher for a boy)
    Naomi- my fiancé's suggestion but I have grown to love it. I love that is shares almost all the same letters in Fiona but has a completely different sound
    Eleanor- when I worked at a daycare we had the sweetest, happiest little girl named Elinor and I feel in love with the name. Plus I love the nickname options from Elle to Nora
    Eva- I love the sweet simplicity of Eva but that it still has nickname options
    Alice- I love the connection to Alice in Wonderland and I think it's a pretty, classic name
    Gwyneth- I have always loved "Gwen" but I love the elegance of Gwyneth. Gwen is spunky and Gwyneth is sweet, I really like it as a sister to Fiona
    Paloma- this is a new addition to my favorites. I'm not sure exactly what it is about this name but I just thinks a cool and pretty name. I would use the nn Paz to reference it's meaning and our last name starts with Z

Now to only have 7 girls to use all the names!!
    Last edited by seazuno86; May 7th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

favorite names this week: Jane Cosima & Lars Augustus

All your names are lovely, but I particularly like Serena, Fiona, and Violet!

My favorites:

Zoe - My favorite girls' name EVER. I'm devastated that DH has vetoed it. I love that it means "life" and Z is is my second favorite letter in the alphabet. I also think it's spunky and elegant at the same time.

Catherine - This is our top pick for a daughter, which I love almost as much as Zoe. I kind of inherited my love of the name from my mother, who wanted to use it for my younger sister, but unfortunately, Dad vetoed it. I think she would love having a granddaughter named Catherine, though, and we would use the nickname Cate, which was my paternal grandmother's maiden name. (Although I also love a lot of the other Catherine nicknames, too!)

Veronica - I mentioned Z was my second favorite letter -- well, V is my favorite! I love almost all the V names, but Veronica has always been at the top of the list. In fact, I chose it as my confirmation name, since I really like the story of St. Veronica. I also just adore the elegant sound of the name, especially the "nic" part, which also appears in my favorite boys' name, Nicholas (which DH vetoed as well -- boo!).

Penelope - I have a thing for Greek names ending with "e", and this is probably one of the most fun to say. It just sounds so happy and cheerful, doesn't it? Especially with the poppy "P" sounds. I also admire the mythological Penelope for her faithfulness and cleverness.

Elizabeth - Our choice for a second daughter. How can anybody not love Elizabeth? She's classic and beautiful and has a ton of wonderful nicknames. I like the idea of calling her Beth, because my nickname Meg came from Little Women, so it would be neat if she had a LW-inspired nickname as well.

Daphne - Again, another Greek name that ends with "e" -- I told you I adored them! The story of Daphne was one of my favorite Greek myths -- I even wrote a play about her for a school project -- and I like that it means "laurel", giving it a subtle connection to Laura, my sister's name. The "ph" is really cool, too.

Anastasia - Gorgeous, just gorgeous! It was my great-grandmother's name, but for some crazy reason, she hated it and preferred to be called Nancy. (Outrageous, right?) I love the meaning of "resurrection".

Seraphina - Seriously one of the most beautiful names ever. It sounds so soft and angelic. (Again, loving the "ph".)

Ophelia - Yeah, she went a little crazy in Hamlet -- so what? It's still a stunning name, a less popular alternative to the equally beautiful Olivia. (And, yet again, "ph".)

Felicity - It means "happiness"! What better meaning is there? I love how it just rolls off the tongue. I become happier just saying the name aloud!
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

mega_muffin, I love your reasons for using Catherine. I actually love the reasoning behind all your favorites! Your style is totally different than mine I think, but absolutely beautiful. I also know a little Anastasia (born on Good Friday, mom cited the meaning as the reason she picked it over her other choice, Annabella!) who is one now and just the most precious thing. It really warmed me up to the name

My favorites:
    Stella - it's getting a bit popular now for my taste, but I still love it. It's familiar-sounding but different than the Ella/Isabella crowd that's running around. It's also the surname of an artist (Frank Stella - I'm an art history buff) and the college I went to has a logo with a very prominent eight-pointed star, so there's that connection.

Leona - oh gosh, there is absolutely no personal meaning here whatsoever. If anything I should have bad associations with this name, but I just love it so. I think the way it sounds is gorgeous, so sing-song. And the meaning, 'lion', gives it a strength that I just adore. I would call her Leo, which I know the Berries hate, but I just can't get over the idea of a little Leo in braids and bows.

Florence/Flora - Florence was the name of two of my great-grandmothers, so there's definitely a family connection. It's also the name of the city in Italy, which was one of two major cities for art during the Renaissance, known as the city of truth (again with the art history). Flora and Wren are the likely nicknames I would use, although I also like Flora on its own. Plus it means 'flourishing, prosperous', and who doesn't want their child to flourish?

Mabel - again, there's really no personal meaning here. I just love the way this sounds, and it's a great long form for nicknames Mae and Bel(le). Meaning-wise, you can't get much better than 'lovable', either.

Vivian - also no personal connection, but I love its sprightly sound and the meaning, 'lively'. She'd most likely be called Viva, which is another spunky, lively name.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Whitney · Atlas