Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thanks Bellarina. What are some of your favorites?

Eloise: I absolutely adore the book, love the sound, and Louis is a family name. If only Eloise wasn't rocketing up the charts...

Matilda: Another favorite book! Matilda's roots run deep, all the way back to the Middle Ages. Tilly and Tilda are fabulous, spunky short forms.

Jane: The ultimate literary moniker. Jane is gorgeous, chic, and has a fascinating history.

Sylvie: Mmm, this name. Sylvie has been in my Top 3 ever since I became a name nerd, and she's never left. Sylvie is sleek, intelligent, and absolutely perfect in every way.

Hazel: Another favorite rising way too fast! Hazel still reads quirky and nerdy to me, both qualities that I find appealing.

Iris: A vintage nature name (probably my favorite category) with rich connections to literature and mythology. Like Sylvie, Iris is a longtime contender and has never left my Top 5. My favorite combo at the moment is Iris Cordelia Jean.

Cordelia: Which brings us to Cordelia! Shakespearean royalty, magisterial and gorgeous and perhaps a little imposing. Cordelia has a plethora of great short forms; I'm partial to Coco.

Marigold: The sunniest, spunkiest of names, especially with nn Maggie. Marigold is also the protagonist of one of my favorite children's books, Magic for Marigold.

Juniper: Can you tell I love nature names? Juniper is a more nouveau choice, but she has a fantastic sound and the sprightly nn options of Junie and June. Plus she's the protagonist of the Junie B. Jones books, and I love the idea of my daughters having literary role models.

Marlowe: Boy or girl? I still haven't decided, but I adore Marlowe for either gender. Christopher Marlowe is my favorite playwright and has been the focus of a lot of my academic work, so this name has a great deal of personal meaning for me.

Sailor: This name has gotten flak on Nameberry every time I've floated it, but it's a sign of my fondness for Sailor that it remains a firm favorite nonetheless. Like Marlowe, Sailor is an name with serious personal significance, and can also work as a smoosh of the family name Tailor with the first letter of my mother's and sister's names.

Thea: I love Thea. The sound, the meaning; she's a serious gem. The only thing that's kept her hovering at #11 on my list is her similarity to my own name.

Alice: I wish Alice was usable for me. She's literary, historical, and like Marlowe has been very meaningful to me during my academic career. Unfortunately with my last name Alice sounds exactly like Alexander. Sigh.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

From your list I love Violet and Serena. But Maya, not very popular?! I know five girls under fourteen with this name!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Love so many of the names listed...but wouldn't use a lot of them. I have such a hard time finding girls names that I like. My future baby boys are named already...if my fiance and I have girls...we have no idea. My current favourites are:

Hazel
    Evie
    Liza
    India
    Beatrix
    Astrid
    Juno
    Cleo
    Sybil
    Edith
    Sage
    Maisie

As you can see...all over the place
    One Day: Sullivan Webster and Hazel Hilary

"And so with all things: names were vital and important." ~ Algernon H. Blackwood

I like Fiona, Violet, and Maya from your list. I like the Annabel spelling best love Annabel as a middle!!

I generally like long, somewhat traditional names with cute nicknames.

Elisabeth- will be my first daughters name for sure. Honors both me and my mother, as is tradition. Nickname will be Elise, though I like Lissie as well.

Cassandra- nickname Cassie. No explanation for why I love this name so much! But it's a plus that it honors someone important to me!

Charlotte- this one is new to the list, I love how classic it is!

Rosalie- so pretty! Love it!

Mackinley- the odd one out. I know it's trendy and it's a mountain and a president and Mac names are overused... I just love it! However, it probably won't get used.

Elisabeth Cate- honors 3 generations all in one
    Cassandra Vivienne- honors 2 people not family
    Current Favorites:
    { Adelyn :: Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassie" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Adelina :: Josephine "Josie" }
    { Everett Cole :: Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony }