Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I love Elsie! It used to be in my top 10 but I can't get over how trendy el- names are these days. I think it works fine as a stand-alone, when I was posting about it as a nickname everyone told me just to use it as a stand-alone so I think you'll get flack either way you go. If you're going to use it as a nickname, my favorite full name is Eloise. Elsie goes great with all four of the names you listed and any of the family names would flow well as middles but no offense, they're kind of boring. Jane, Josephine, Marie, etc are like the most filler middle names there are. Maybe Elsie Janette or Elsie Josefina or Elsie Marion or something?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I love Elsie! It's actually my current future daughter's name (ie: the future daughter I want in 10 years time lol). My plan is to use it as a nickname for Elizabeth (family name) but to only call her Elsie. I do think it is probably a bit too cutsey for a Prime Minister Elsie or Judge Elsie etc.
    I hope it doesn't become too popular!

Guess I'm the only one who really doesn't like Elsie.
    Don't like the sound combination and have a bad memory of someone I knew by that name.
    Right up there with Bertha in my estimation.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I love Elsie, but prefer it as a short form of Elisabeth, as that's how it originated.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

My great grandmother's name was Elsie. As far as I know it wasn't short for anything.