Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Opinions on Elsie?

Hello everyone,

I have recently fallen in love with the name Elsie, but am not sure if it could stand alone as a first name. I haven't found any names so far that I love that I could use Elsie as a nickname for, but I am open to suggestions.

Other girl names that I love are Clara, Miriam, Evangeline, and Juliette. Which of these are your favorites, and does Elsie work well with any of these?

Also, please post some middle name suggestions and boy names that go with Elsie. Girl middles that have family significance are Marie, Jane, Rose, and Josephine. Boys middles with significance are Richard and Everett.

I am not expecting, just name planning.

Thanks for all the help! Can't wait to see everyone's replies!

My friends just had a little girl named Elsie, I think it's a fabulous name From your list of middles I like Elsie Josephine the best.
    Alice, Cecilia, Cora, Eve, Georgia, Iris, Johanna, Phoebe, Rose, Sylvie, Tess, Violet
    Calvin, Dexter, Felix, Graham, Hugo, Leo, Louis, Miles, Oscar, Paul, Simon, Walter

I like Elsie as a nn, not a standalone name. Possible full names are Elspeth, Elise and Eloise.

I love your names! They're beautifully classic. Try

Naomi
    Genevieve
    Eleanor
    Cecily
    Beatrice
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

I love Elsie and think it could work fine as a standalone!
    Favorites~
    Boys: Nash, Liam, Conrad, Finn, Kit

Girls: Layla, Kasia, Ada, Clara, Tessa

I love Elsie and think it is just fine on it's own!