Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Breech babies, ECV, Spinning Babies, C-section

At my last appointment, the midwife was unable to tell externally if my baby was head down or not. She suggested I get another sonogram done to see. I'll be going to that sono tomorrow, at 35 weeks. She said if we found out this early, it would give us enough time to figure out what to do about it.

So far, I haven't tried any kind of more "natural" techniques, chiropractics, acupuncture, or even stretches or positions, as if the baby is NOT breech, I don't want to risk him/her turning the wrong way. From what I understand, ECV is normally attempted at 37 or 38 weeks. So if baby is breech, I can try a few things before that for a week or two, and hope he/she will turn.

I really don't want a c-section, and I think I would try a version before scheduling one...despite the horror stories I've read online, studies seem to prove them safe when done in the right setting and by an experienced doctor. I'm also not sure if a vaginal birth with breech would be possible - obviously depends on the little one's position, and my hospital's policy - even though they are very accepting and even encouraging of natural childbirth methods, I have feeling that vaginal birth with breech may be too much of a liability for them.

So, has anyone else dealt with this issue? What was your timeline of finding out if baby was breech, when the baby turned, whether they turned on their own or you used any kind of methods to "help" them out, and has anyone vaginally delivered a breech baby? If not, when was your c-section performed?
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13