Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Montgomery

I actually think it's a great name.
    I prefer it to a lot of the "vintage" names that get thrown around.

Also, I'd say that Tom/Tommy is definitely a viable nn option.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Love, love, love.
    Montgomery was at the very top of my list. I love Montgomery Clift and I love the name. I was going to use it for our son with the nn Murray or Emery until my sister in law stole that for her daughter. Sigh.

I think names like Montgomery are on the rise. I say go for it. It is a great name and Monty would be so cute on a little boy!
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Harrison Joseph Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

@stephanie413 isn't Monty the cutest nn ever? It makes me smile every time I hear it.

@uselesskitty that is my fear...my husband and I love Montgomery but in a sea of trendy names, how will it sound?

@flamingo I have never watched an episode of the Simpsons. Is he a prominent character?

@kala-way, I have never thought of Tom/Tommy as a nn to Montgomery before! I like that there are more nn options than Monty. What do you think about the nn Remy? I think it could work in the same sense that Tommy does.

@jillianmaye love Montgomery Clift! Montgomery would honor my husband's grandfather so a middle name would get to honor my grandfathers! Both of their middle names are Allen/Alan so I think Montgomery Allan would be a great way to honor all of those men!

@svea & @ vicioustrollop9 I'm glad you like it! I would agree, names like these are coming back! Makes me excited to have some oldies coming back.
    Last edited by megmarie; May 6th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama