Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ephraim?

Ephraim?

What do you ladies think of this name? Yay or nay?

Yay, yay, yay!
    I absolutely adore Ephraim! It's in my top 10. Playful and mischievous come to mind when I hear it, for some reason, especially with the nn Remy. I like that it's an underused vintage (and biblical) name. I just love it! My combo's Ephraim Gregory Silas if you're interested.

Only slight downside is that there could be pronunciation issues. Personally I love Eff-ruhm, and don't mind Eff-raym, but I'm not a fan of Ee-fra-him at all. But I think it would just be a matter of a few corrections. There are alternative spellings (I think), that would make saying it easier, but the original is my favourite regardless.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ AmadeaGeorgianaViolaPtolemyArchieHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I'm neutral on Ephraim. I don't really like or hate it. It's a decent name, but not something I would personally use myself for a child. I also like the nickname Remy for it. It's unexpected and sweet.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Auntie to Q | Momma to a kit named Zola Bastet
    Girls | Combos | Boys

Love it, especially spelled Ephram. I have liked it since there was a character on an old WGN show Everwood. When pregnant with my 2nd child, there was a character on Star Trek named Zefram, which was a nice compromise with hubby and was our boy pick. We ended up having another girl, but Ephram and Zefram are still high on my list!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne - Piper - Juna
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher - Ledger - Brinker

I know as a name nerd I shouldn't have this issue, but when I see it, I don't know how to pronounce it. I'm sure many non-name-nerds would have that issue as well. So, I'd ask if that bothers you, or if it would bother you if your child has to correct people or tell them how to say his name. That said, if you're okay with it, it's an unusual classic. Go for it.
    Favorite Girls' Names: Amalie, Cecily, Cordelia, Esther, Felicity, Iris, Miranda

Favorite Boys' Names: Dean, Gideon, Jasper, Miles, Theodore.

Annika Vivian, born November 2013 & Baby Boy, due April 2015