Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: blADE

Reading this is reminding me of things that I take for granted, like breathing.
    Hang in there Rollo you tough cookie! XO

So happy you're home, rollo! Still praying for a speedy recovery! Xx

I am now walking up stairs and around the house so the extra activity is a bonus. I am practising my breathing like blade said to, however, today has been a mess for me as I got a lot of pain and it took me hours to feel better and I also ate a lot (seem to get hungry now) and then I got nauseous, so today is unfortunately a disappointment to me.

love to all xxx

Take each day as it comes, Rollo! Suffering and pain makes people more resilient and stronger. I know you'll get better soon!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I am now walking up stairs and around the house so the extra activity is a bonus. I am practising my breathing like blade said to, however, today has been a mess for me as I got a lot of pain and it took me hours to feel better and I also ate a lot (seem to get hungry now) and then I got nauseous, so today is unfortunately a disappointment to me.

love to all xxx
    This is great, rollo! Glad your appetite has returned and you're able to be more and more active.

There are two "games" you should play with the IS. The first is to simply see how long you can keep the ball off the floor of the tube (this builds your vital capacity, or the total amount of air your lungs can inhale. It expands the lungs in the space that contains them [the pleural cavity] and again prevents fluid from accumulating there.) The second is to see how high you can get the ball off the floor-- this improves your peak flow, general lung function and oxygenation. If you can do each of those exercises 10x an hour while awake, it will help.

Did they give you some anti-nausea medicine? As long as you're taking narcotics your intestines will be slow [which given your prior surgical history will be compounded] and you might feel queasy when eating.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq