Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Is Rosalie too Twilight-y?

I came across Rosalie while looking through my old lists and feel like I am loving it again. I think it's such a pretty name, but my boyfriend says he won't use the name used in Twilight(oh men).
    For real, I think it's not a first name option for me because of its popularity. But, on the other hand, I think it could work as a middle name perfectly. What do you think? Is it tied to Twilight? (I also love Rosaline(rosa-leen) and Primrose from similar names. Rosamund and Rosalind are also beautiful names but not my favorites.)
    Some combinations I am thinking are Winifred Rosalie Glenn, Albina (al-bee-nuh) Autumn Rosalie and Gwenore Rosalie Kay.

I love the name Rosalie. There was a Rosalie in my life growing up that was almost like a second mother to me. It's a lovely name. It will definitely rise in the next decade, as the majority of Twilight-readers are still in their teens/early 20's. I don't think it's too connected to Twlight, though. Jacob, Bella, and Edward - yes. Rosalie, Alice, Emmett, Jasper, Esme - no.

Rosalie is only too twilight if you also have an Emmett, Jasper and Jacob at home.
    Honestly, with just one name from the book. Rosalie is beautiful and especially if it's chosen as a mn nobody is every going to think "oh well they must love Twilight" that's just silly.

I particularly like Winifred Rosalie. (FYI if Rosalie is too Twilight wouldn't Winifred be too Tuck Everlasting? I feel like Twilight will fade at some point but doesn't everyone have to read Tuck in school?)
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Absolutely not! Rosalie is lovely, and I honestly don't even think of Twilight anymore. I think Winifred Rosalie and Gwenore Rosalie are great! I also really love Primrose and Rosamund, though--I think those are to die for! I think Winifred Primrose and Gwenore Primrose would be delightful. I adore Rosamund, but if it were to become an option for you, I think you need something a bit lighter and airy, if that makes sense, for a fn.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Ditto! I don't think Rosalie is too tied to Twilight, and years from now people will probably forget that there was a character named Rosalie. I wouldn't let it stop you from using it.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!