Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

I can SEE Ezra becoming popular, but most people wouldn't really think of it. Something would have to happen to make it more known, I think.

Zachary is okay, but I know/knew A LOT of them growing up. The suggestion of Zechariah is a really good one.

Have you thought about how much you like these names ASIDE from the fact that they're popular? In the long run it really doesn't matter. No matter how 'unpopular' a name is, chances are your son will meet someone with the same name; that's currently the basis of one of my little brother's best friendships, that they have the same, uncommon name. A more popular name doesn't make your child any less distinctive except on paper; I know about five Emilys, Jessicas, Sarahs, Johns, James's, Alexanders... And their names, while not necessarily 'exciting,' fit them well and don't cause too many issues.

Ask your husband to expand his list, maybe. A list of two/four names isn't a whole lot to work with, and even if you've narrowed it down to those, obviously neither of you are particularly happy with them. Ask him to find some names that ARE NOT in the top 20 for the last 20 or so years that he likes, and likewise you find a couple that ARE in the top, say, 200.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.