Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I can SEE Ezra becoming popular, but most people wouldn't really think of it. Something would have to happen to make it more known, I think.

Zachary is okay, but I know/knew A LOT of them growing up. The suggestion of Zechariah is a really good one.

Have you thought about how much you like these names ASIDE from the fact that they're popular? In the long run it really doesn't matter. No matter how 'unpopular' a name is, chances are your son will meet someone with the same name; that's currently the basis of one of my little brother's best friendships, that they have the same, uncommon name. A more popular name doesn't make your child any less distinctive except on paper; I know about five Emilys, Jessicas, Sarahs, Johns, James's, Alexanders... And their names, while not necessarily 'exciting,' fit them well and don't cause too many issues.

Ask your husband to expand his list, maybe. A list of two/four names isn't a whole lot to work with, and even if you've narrowed it down to those, obviously neither of you are particularly happy with them. Ask him to find some names that ARE NOT in the top 20 for the last 20 or so years that he likes, and likewise you find a couple that ARE in the top, say, 200.
    I’m just trying to behave as I think a friend should behave. Granted, I haven’t had much practice.

~Elphaba Thropp, Wicked, by Gregory Maguire

Other names you may like:
    Sorry for any repeats!
    Caleb
    Benjamin
    Adam
    Nathan
    Samuel
    Eli

Other names you may like, sorry for any repeats:
    Isaac
    Eli
    Benjamin
    Caleb
    Samuel
    Nathan
    Aaron
    Andrew
    Daniel
    David
    Elijah
    Gideon
    Reuben
    Jeremiah
    Jedidiah
    Luke

Hope some of these help!

Quote Originally Posted by ktook76 View Post
    Oh, and I should gently add, Levi will always be part of your family so the links of names should definitely flow. Which is the reason whu Levi should be included in the sibset too xx
    Thank you for this comment. Levi is definitely a part of who "we" see ourselves as a family, we still talk about him, and every picture that my daughter draws of our family includes him. So I agree that our new son's name needs to fit with his as well. At the same time, we don't really discuss him with other people very often. And those we do tell, we don't really focus on his name so it doesn't really fit in with who other people think of as our family. So I tend to try to find a name that flows with the sibset both with Levi and without him.

I don't think Malachi has been mentioned yet. It's biblical, distinctive, and I think it fits with Joshua, Noah, and Levi quite well.