Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Redundant?

Redundant?

Hello
    This is my first post on nameberry. I've been reading other people's post for a while, so I thought I would finally join in

That being said, I have a question about a name I've been thinking about: Linnea Hazel.
    I like the combo a lot, but the meanings are kind of similar. Are they too similar?

I'm not prego, and my husband and I aren't ttc. I just love coming up with names for the future

Thanks!

Welcome to Nameberry!

I think the meaning of Linnea is obscure enough that most people won't make the connection. And if they do--so what? Nature names are awesome!

The ending of Linnea and the beginning of Hazel run together a bit, but I still like it.

If you choose another MN, the sibset of Linnea & Aveline is very sweet!
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

I think Linnea Hazel is fresh and fabulous! I doubt many will know or care about similar meanings.
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

I agree with pp's I don't actually think they are redundant. It's not like your considering two names that actually mean the same or very similar things.
    With Linnea being such an "un-naturey" nature name I doubt anyone would ever really notice unless you point it out. I rather like Linnea Hazel. Very pretty!
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Wow, that combination is stunning! Two of my favorite names and they complement each other so nicely. If it helps with the meanings, I have seen a couple sites that say Hazel is also a Hebrew name meaning "God sees" or "I see God."
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!