Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Pioneer names

Hybrid View

Pioneer names

We are trying to come up with a name for our fourth son. Brothers are Joshua David, Noah Brian and Levi Paul. He also has a big sister named Autumn Grace. Levi is our angel baby in heaven, and I am trying to find a way to connect him to this new baby, while still giving him his own name. One of the ideas that I have come up with is giving our new son a name that has the same style/ vibe as Levi. I picture a Levi as being a pioneer back to the earth sort, easily at home splitting logs to make his own homestead or panning for Gold during the gold rush. So I am hoping to find a similarly old timey name. My favorites right now are Ezra and Jonas and we have considered Jeremiah in the past but vetoed it because of the lack of attractive (to me) nicknames. We don't really use nn's for our other kids, so maybe this is a moot point?

I have been through the baby name books, and am having trouble finding any other names that I like that have that same vibe. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Names that are out for various reasons are Samuel, Nathan, Daniel, Silas, Calvin, Caleb, Ezekiel, Michael, Elijah/Eli and Benjamin. Even though Noah and Joshua are both in the top 20 names, I am looking for a name that would be around #50 or less. (Noah was my "creative" choice when he was born because it was around #30 ten years ago and as a preschool teacher, I had never known another Noah. So I am leary of choosing anything more common than #50) Thanks for your help!

So the names that I am asking your opinions about are...
    Jonas
    Ezra
    Jeremiah
    Last edited by strawberry_fields; May 5th, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Ezra was my first thought when I saw your kids' names, and then I saw it was one of your favorites. I think Ezra would be a perfect choice.

I love all three of those names. Jonas is my favorite. Other suggestions would be Amos and Samuel?
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996