Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are these names too popular? I want unique!

Hello Berries!
    I am a mom of three with #4 due in October. All my kiddos have somewhat unique names but I'm struggling this time. DH and I both like Everly (for a girl) for a first name (a combo of his gma Evelyn and my gma Beverly) but now I've heard a few others so I don't want it to be like the next Avery which there are a ton of in my small town. Either Everly Ivy or Everly Noelle. I also like Scarlet Begonia or Scarlet Rose. What do you think? Do they seem too popular? I have a son named Oakley Adam (never met another before), a daughter named Aspen Elizabeth (definitely rising in popularity) and son named Brecken Charlie. DH and I are snowboarders so all my kids actually have a tie to snowboarding in some way, but can't find another snowboarding name at all so aborting that theme and just trying to find unique but not crazy or hard to pronounce/spell names).

Thank you for any input! So happy to have found this site![/FONT]

I think Everly Noelle is beautiful!

Snowboarding-related names:
    Everly Snow
    Everly Neve
    Everly Eira
    Everly Winter
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I agree, I like Everly Noelle. I don't think Everly is a popular name, and if it is going to become popular, it will take a good number of years I think. Scarlet is waaayyyy more common & popular. I'm not a fan of Everly Ivy, the two names are too matchy. I like pps suggestion of snow themed mns to keep your snowboarding theme. You wouldn't want baby 4 to feel left out or how about the name of a place where you've been snowboarding together?
    Everly Louise (for Lake Louise, Alberta)
    Everly Vail
    Everly Gwyneira (which means "white snow")
    Everly Nollie (but this is a little more out there than your other kids' names)
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Everly might not be popular, but it has an extremely trendy sound. Because of that it doesn't sound as unique to me as, say, Noelle, which ranks much higher but has a lovely sound, history, and meaning all its own. Bear in mind that Everly will probably be in a class with several little Averys and Evelyns, not to mention Avas and Emilys, making her name sound like a Top 10 clone even if it doesn't chart.
    Simon Valor | Eloise Lily | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Faye | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Everly might not be popular, but it has an extremely trendy sound. Because of that it doesn't sound as unique to me as, say, Noelle, which ranks much higher but has a lovely sound, history, and meaning all its own. Bear in mind that Everly will probably be in a class with several little Averys and Evelyns, not to mention Avas and Emilys, making her name sound like a Top 10 clone even if it doesn't chart.
    I think that's exactly what I am afraid of. Maybe I can come up with a more unique first name and make it work for a middle name. Thanks so much for the input.