Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The only Cora I know is a 20something white woman and the only Ivy I've ever met was a friend of my grandmother's (not Asian). However, I've had it explained to me that Asians really like flower names when choosing English names. When I was at uni, there were 3Chinese Lilys on my floor in residence... But these were not their "real" names, but names they chose to make it easier for us Canadians to pronounce their names. Lily became a popular name for babies a few years after I graduated.
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

I don't associate Cora with African-American, but Ivy does make me think Asian.
    Dreaming of the day when I have three kids; Sebastian, Matisse, and Natalie

Ack!!! I just typed a post and saved it and it disappeared! ?!?!?!?!?

The only Cora I know is a 20something white woman and the only Ivy I ever met was a friend of my grandmother's (not Asian). That said, it has been explained to me, that when choosing English names for themselves when studying or in English speaking countries, Asians favour flower names and names from favourite novels (like Anne of Green Gables they said). There were 3 Chinese Lilys on my residence floor at university, before Lily became a popular name for babies
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

No definitely not. I love both names for any race/nationality. I only think of names like "Shaniqua" as being african-american and i don't know of any Asian stereotypical names.

I wouldn't associate either name with any particular ethnicity either. Nor does either (as far as I know) hold a sensitive meaning to people of any ethnicity (as far as I know of), it's not a name like Jemima or anything of the sort.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)