Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PART 3 ALICE, HARRY and........short list and NEW OPTION FOR GIRL!

Hi Berries

So hubby and I have been debating names for #3 (in throes of conceiving.....but not as I type this ).

Our agreed short list:

Boys:
    Oliver (Weston)
    Oscar (Weston)

My feel on boys is definitely towards Oliver. Oscar is a little too "cool for school" for me and Oliver to me is a little more in line with Alice and Harry.

Girls:
    Lucy (Christine)
    Maggie (Christine)
    Rosie (Christine)

I guess I'm still not sold on these 3 completely. As I'm not keen on another "ie" ending name due to having a Harry. I like stand alone names.

Anyway, last night, my husband threw another name into the mix and I think I'm quite keen on it. It's Imogen. I am actually not sure why it appeals but I think its a lovely name and the meaning of it is "beloved child". As this would definitely be our last child I think the meaning it even more apt. Plus there is no "ie" sound!

So tell me.......Imogen. And remember the way us Aussies pronounce may be different to those in the States. If you are uncertain with the sound do a quick look on the site. It doesn't end with a GEEEENE it ends with more of a GIN but with a soft "g" sound.

Thoughts??

xx
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Alice, Henry, and Imogen is smashing! I like it much better than your other options. I think it goes brilliantly with your other children.

Good luck!
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    Alice, Henry, and Imogen is smashing! I like it much better than your other options. I think it goes brilliantly with your other children.

Good luck!
    Oh thanks, dindlee! My husband was always sold on Emmie for Emma (but not for me) so I think he likes the nn Immie (or Immy) for Imogen. I was actually shocked he came up with something so lovely! Having said that, I don't think we would use a nn much as all our kidlets have nn not associated with their actual names at all.

Definitely encouraged to have such a positive response from you

I adore Imogen. It goes really well with your other children's names. All of the names on your lists are lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by darlingdoe View Post
    I adore Imogen. It goes really well with your other children's names. All of the names on your lists are lovely!
    Oh thanks for your input darlingdoe! I don't know why it sprung into my husband's thoughts.....he never contributes to these discussions willingly and then he throws out a random, fabulous name. Maybe he's a secret Berry . Its terrible cause now i'm hoping for a girl so i can use the name!