Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Regina?

I have a friend with this name (pronounced REG-EE-NAH), no teasing at all.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Liv. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Valencia Lyra Amoret. Rosalind Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Annabelle Helena Lúthien. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Cedric. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Felix
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Amadeus. Damien Alexei Orion

My older half-sister's name is Regina, and as far as I know she's never been teased about her name. She goes by Gina.

ETA: She also pronounces it Reg-EE-nah.
    baby #1 arriving november 2015
    under construction
    B.J. or G.J.

As far as I know, it's pronounced Reg-EE-nuh everywhere in the U.S. and it's a common enough name that most people have heard it. So if you live in the U.S., I doubt she'll be teased at all. I mean, any name can be turned into something tease-worthy and many can be turned into something crass or derogatory, but the possibility of Regina being turned into Reg-eye-nuh in the U.S. is low, in my opinion.

I know that the name is preonounces REG-EE-NAH but here in canada ( where I live) There is a city called Regina BUT it is pronounced RE-JAI- NAH ( rhymes with the female anatomy)

So thats my only concer but I do like the name and DH even said i can add it to the long list... im still unsure!
    boys names drive me crazy!

I've always loved Regina and wondered why it's so underused! I've only ever heard it pronounced as reg-ee-nuh (like in Mean Girls) so it doesn't sound too similar in my opinion. I like Regina nn Gina the best. And I've always loved Regina and Bridget for twins.