Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

last name for main character

I have had an idea for a novel in my head for awhile now. I told myself I am going to give myself time to start getting it on paper instead of ideas floating in my head.

I need help from you wonderful Berries. I am trying to choose a last name for my main character. Sophie Clementine is her first and middle names. Some ideas for a last I have are Waverly, Beckham, Garrison, and Burgess. I am welcome to any other suggestions.
    ♥ My family is complete, I love helping with baby names and discussing names. ♥

Burgess. Sophie Burgess is awesome.
    I’m just trying to behave as I think a friend should behave. Granted, I haven’t had much practice.

~Elphaba Thropp, Wicked, by Gregory Maguire

I like Beckham and Garrison the best. Plus, if it's a children's novel you don't want to sound cheesy with Waverly from Wizards of Waverly Place.

Thank you, celianne and ninas1! I think I am going to go with Burgess for Sophie. I will be bringing in a male character in the future that I think I will be using Beckham for his last name. My plans are to have Sophie and him eventually fall in love and eventually marry. I am thinking either Galen Beckham or Graydon/Graden Beckham "Gray".
    ♥ My family is complete, I love helping with baby names and discussing names. ♥

I'd go Garrison or Burgess personally. I don't know what you think about associations but Beckham makes me think David. I didn't get the Wizards of Waverly place reference actually. I'm more against Waverly because it sounds really light and Sophie Clementine rings a more serious tone to me. I'm also terrible at last names, but I snagged a couple of neat ones from my graduating class that might work:

Sophie Clementine Becker- similar to Beckham but without as strong and association.
    Sophie Clementine Carroll
    Sophie Clementine Cole
    Sophie Clementine Lennox
    Sophie Clementine Kerr
    Sophie Clementine Taylor

There's always: Jackson, Jones, Johnson, and Smith. People might call these lazy but if the fits the best I say just use it.
    I have no idea where I came up with my account name
    Lauren
    No Kids, Lots of Pets
    Fur Aunt to: Nikolai, Pepsi, Creampuff, Waffletrain, Boris, Stella Luna, Alexi, Marshmallow and finally Chester
    Rats, Guinea Pigs, Parakeets, and a Cockatiel.