Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of Tyde?

WDYT of Tyde?

I heard it last week on a little boy while shopping. I'm 99% sure it was Tyde or Tide. I don't think I would use it because I just think of the sea but I guess if the girls can have Waverly then why can't Tide/Tyde be usable?

I'm still not sure though, WDYT?
    Arlo|Finn|Oliver|Taylor|Fox|Rhodes|Archer|Bram|Bay |Lane|Evett|Tyne|Bodhi

Everly|Arla|Clementine|Avalon|Iris|Charla|Allegra| Nova|Lark|Birdie|Ione|Indigo|Lumina

I think it's unusable because of the soap, not the ocean. If it wasn't for the detergent, I'd have no problem with it- people are named Rose and Marina and Sky and Oak, so why not Tide? I think it's just the brand that holds the name back, not the nature.
    I like Tadhg (pronounced TYGUE, like the first syllable of "tiger") but that's also rather unusable because of spelling/pronunciation issues.

I went to school with a girl called Tyde and she wasn't the nicest of girls, so my view of the name is skewed. It has a kind of hippy-ish vibe to me, like Forrest, River, Sequoia etc.

Are you in the UK? If so, I wouldn't worry so much about the detergent as I don't believe we have it here. I think Tide is the US equivalent of calling your kid Persil, Ariel or Daz
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

I agree that it would be usable as an ocean/nature name... except for the detergent brand. For that reasonable, I don't find it usable.
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan

It would be fine if it only had the ocean association, kind of like Reef. However, I agree with the above posters that the laundry detergent makes it unusable.