Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kukka

my cousin's child calls her girly bits a "cooka" pronounced the same as you're saying. that's all i can think of. =/

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Well, first of all, Finland isn't in Scandinavia. Needed to get that one straight. In Swedish, Norwegian and Danish Kukka minus the -a is a vulgar word for penis, so that's all I see... Unfortunately.
    Unfortunately I have to second this. K*k isn't a word I'd like to incorporate in a name. Not that the name is bad or something.

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

The meaning of Kukka is adorable but I do think it's a bit too much for America. It makes me think of kooky.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Kukla, Fran and Ollie...wow...that really brings back memories! I loved that show when I was a little girl. I don't think the name Kukka will transfer well in the US. Too many nn's for teasing. Also, it reminds me of the kookaburra song we sang in Brownies.