Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I love Michelle! And I would use it if it weren't for the fact that I have a really close friend named Michelle and that would be awkward.... I don't think it's dated at all!

Some others that haven't been mentioned:
    Michaelina
    Mila
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Nathaniel

Pinterest | Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Looking at BTN, I found Michelina, Mikkeline and Mihaela, which are interesting. A Michelina (which is said mee-kuh-LEE-nuh- and the Polish form is Michalina) and Mikkeline could have the nickname Mikki, Mika (me-kuh) and Lina. Mihaela could be a Mila.

Or, you could go with Mika, which is a separate name entirely, said Mee-kuh, which means 'beautiful fragrance'. (I have no idea where NB got the meaning 'God's child' for it. That would be Kamiko- and I don't know if that's an actually Japanese name). Mika sounds a lot like Michael, and could work as a way to honor someone.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor heaven "lena" ~ vivienne ailsa ~ felicity emma "fay" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I love Michaela, too. I took it off my list when I had my first daughter because of all the Mikayla's out there, but I still really like it. And I don't think it is at all common with this generation of babies/children.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (7), Genevieve Susan (2), and angel baby Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014).

Hoping to welcome another little one into our family in 2015.

Girls: Bridget, Elizabeth, Isadora, Felicity, Helena, Marianne, Violet, Penelope, Ophelia, Victoria
    Boys: Sebastian, Everett, Julian, Henry, Caspian, Desmond, Arthur, Nicholas, Anthony, Barnaby

I like Michelle, it also has the nickname Elle, which is a good name for a teenager that's outgrown the nn Ellie. I recently heard the name Misha which I am in LOVE with! If I were you I'd go with Michelle if your looking for a common name with a nn, but Misha if you really don't care if it's not popular or has no nn. I know a Myka (my-kuh) whose name is often pronounced mee-kuh or even mick-uh
    Last edited by imagineglitr; May 5th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
    Henrietta. Chiara. Marisol. Imogen.
    Hakuna matata, it means no worries for the rest of your days.
    Stars can't shine without darkness.
    You can't have a better tommorow if you keep thinking about yesterday.

Some others that may help with your brainstorming:

Marcheline - I prefer this to Michelle, I agree that Michelle feels dated. Marcheline is french meaning 'warrior' which I think is gorgeous
    Milena - Although it sounds kind of foreign and untraditional it's a beautiful name with a nice meaning (love, warmth, grace)
    Miranda
    Mirah
    Mireya - One of my favorites right now. It's similar to Michaela in a way, yet lacks the popularity and has its own unique flair.
    Miriam
    Miyah - Just an alternative spelling to Mya that resembles Michael more.
    Mabel
    Maple
    Marcel
    Mariel
    Marcia
    Marchella
    Marcella