Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I'm not especially good at this sort of thing but I've been so enthralled by your fascinating name hunt that I couldn't pass this opportunity up. The only two I could come up with that haven't already been mentioned are Gwaine (Gui-yan) and Leander (Li-yan-de). Both fairly huge stretches, but might provide a little inspiration.
    W h a t ' s . . .

Adelaide | Harriet | Clara | Morgana | Rose
    Edmund | Wilfred | Asa | Jesse | Nathaniel

. . . n e x t ?

I am so sorry about the Top Four. It's been such a long journey, and these names ARE seriously awesome (in fact, they're so awesome I've swiped a few of your first- and second-tier choices for my own list along the way!) But if your wife is not on board with any of them, then I think you're making the right decision.

To answer the first question, Rayhan and Kian are too similar for brothers according to my personal taste. I prefer the complementary look and sound of, for example, Rayhan and Emrys. However, I don't think they're too similar to actually work. I know sisters named Payton and Paisley, siblings named Caley, Camryn and Casen, and twin boys named Coleson and Carson, and I don't think there's any trauma involved. All of those sibling sets are more matchy than Rayhan and Kian.

In answer to the second question, I'm going to print out the list of Chinese sounds and spend some time with my baby name books to see whether I can come up with any awesome suggestions not already suggested. A couple I really liked were Oisin and Ewan/Euan.

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Okay, here's my list so far (I'm not certain all the meanings are correct. The book I was consulting is kinda unreliable that way):

Bingley (bing li)--English surname, apparently a place name from the West Riding of Yorkshire meaning "dweller at the hill or grove". It would be a hit with Jane Austen fans.
    Damian (de mei yan)--Greek, "tamer/to tame"
    Dieter (de tai/tu)--a stretch, but it's German: "people-army"
    Donato (dao na tu)--Italian, from Latin, "gift"
    Eli (yi lai)--have you considered Eli? Seems to me this could be a good cross-cultural choice. Hebrew, "God is exalted."
    Elihu (yi lai yu)--much less common than Eli, and the sound is still close in Chinese. Hebrew, "the Lord is my God."
    Eilwyn/Elwyn/Elwin (ai wen)--quite a stretch. Eilwyn is Welsh, perhaps meaning "white brow;" Elwyn/Elwin is English and has a variety of possible meanings, including "elf-friend" and "old friend."
    Finlay/Finley (fen li/lai)--Gaelic, "fair hero"
    Haidar (hai dao)--Arabic, "lion"
    Ian (yi yan)--I don't know that Ian is an improvement on Kian. It's an Irish/Scottish John variant.
    Julian (yu li yan)--it seems this one might work pretty well. Latin, "downy-bearded," "young"
    Mahlon (mei lan)--certainly more matchy with Rayhan than Kian! And it hasn't such a great meaning: Hebrew, "mild" or "sickly."
    Tobiah (tu bai yu)--a bit of a stretch. Hebrew, "God is good."

At least you can tell I've been thinking! Best wishes.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet