Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Really, really like this name - it was the name of a great baseball pitcher "Mordecai 'Three-Finger' Brown who lost some fingers in a farming accident but went on to be one of the best pitchers of the early 20th century. Kind of a tragic story but, for me at least, adds to the intruige of this name. Cool choice.

Wow, I am surprised at the amount of positive feedback so far! Yay!

@cinnamontime: That is really helpful to hear about a family that actually chose the name. Thanks!

@newdad2011: Thanks for sharing that story. I agree, it adds to the intrigue of the name and I think it gives it a kind of victorious connotation.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

I actually like Mordecai better than Malachi.
    I say use it.
    Then again, im running into the same problem: I love Lazarus but dont know if im brave enough.
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

Mordecai is a seriously cool name. I say use it! Cai is a cool nn too.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Thumbs up from me, unusual but not unheard of, pronounceable (though he's spend a lot of time spelling it) and a great nn.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.