Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Gabriella and Juliette would be my picks from your list. For much of the same reasons as previous posters. Juliette is timeless and suits any age, its feminine without being frilly. I have always liked Gabriella too.

I personally adore Violet, I love how it sounds and the images i get with that name. But like others have pointed out, its on the rise, big time. Where I live, there have been quite a few violets born recently (working in peds and obs i get a good look at the current trends in my own little area of the world). Its top 3 on my list for my own baby due in august (mostly due to husband's insisting) but I'm really struggling with knowing there will be plenty other violets in her class, if i go with that choice.
    Also, there a number of various Olivia spin offs i see, like Alivia and such. Thats what Livia reminds me of. I do see the appeal of Livia, its a bit fresher than Olivia and I love the nickname Liv. Livia is such a pretty name but to be honest it just gives me that same sort of negative feeling as names with "unique" spellings.
    I personally really like Viola as a less common alternative to Violet.

Gabriella- Cute, but I feel like this is so overused.
    Juliette- Gorgeous!! Such a strong name and very romantic. I love this name very much
    Violet- I was actually thinking about naming my daughter this. I love this along with other nature/flower names. Violet is beautiful, but I could never find a perfect pairing.
    Livia- I never really liked this name, especially because my name is Olivia. I feel like people name their daughters Livia because Olivia is too popular now. In my opinion, stick to the basics.
    Emilia- Such a pretty and elegant name. If you pair it with a strong middle name, her name would be absolutely gorgeous
    Girls: Blair, Lucia, Aria, Luna
    Boys: Xander, Rafael, Cato, Isaiah

Emilia is beautiful. I'd go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by missmelissa View Post
    Love love love Violet!! It is such a beautiful, simple and uncommon name.

Gabriella is lovely as well, makes me picture a gorgeous girl Not personally a fan of Gaby for a nickname but I love Ella. In fact, I really like Ella as a full name as well. I love the combo Gabriella Violet/Ella Violet. Wdyt?

Juliette is traditional and has endured the test of time. It's a beautiful name that ages perfectly. Plus I have always been partial to the nickname Jules/Jewels. Julianna is also very lovely. The name Juliette should stand on it's own so personally I prefer a shorter middle name especially since both your first and last name is 3 syllables. I think a longer last name would too much of a mouthful.

You didn't mention anything in your thread about middle names. Just curious, have you and your husband put together a list together for middle names? Or have you decided to use a family name?

Anyway, back to your list. I'm not a fan of Livia at all, sorry. To me, it looks/sounds like Olivia minus the O. I think most people would mishear it or just assume her full name was Olivia. Never been a fan of O names on girls for some reason and also it's way too popular for my taste.

I like Emilia depending on how it's pronounced. I like it pronounced Emma-LEE-AH. If you're going to pronounce it UH-MEAL-EE-AH, then I prefer the spelling Amelia. I personally wouldn't use this name for a little girl unless maybe it was a family name.

Here are some other names that I personally love and maybe you will too
    Lila
    Maya
    Serena

Hope I've been helpful. Good luck to you and your family

I am also not a fan of the nn Gabby, but I love the nn Ella. We came across Gabriella because my husband loves Gabrielle, which I do not care for as much. But we both like Gabriella. I like the combo Gabriella Violet. It sounds very pretty to me.

Juliette is definitely also a top contender for us. We like this spelling because it is the French variation and would honor a bit of our heritage. We have not come up with a middle name to pair with Juliette but I agree that it should be short and sweet. We have talked about making sure that the name doesn't end up being a mile long and too much of a mouth full!

I love name Olivia but my husband wont go for it because of its popularity. I was thinking that Livia might be a nice alternative and my husband does like it. But we also do have some reservations for the same reasons that others do; it's not Olivia, could be mistaken as a nn for Olivia, etc... But I do think that it is a lovely name and is short and sweet.

Emilia is the most recent addition to our favorites list and we both love it. I love the combo Emilia Violet but we aren't set on any middle names yet. We go back in forth between wanting to use a family name or not. I think that it will end up depending on what name we choose for a first and how it ends up flowing with the family name or not.

My husband does not love Violet, he has others on the list that he likes much more as a first name. But he does really like it as a middle name. I think that it flows nicely with a few of our favorites so we might end up using it as a middle instead. Although, I do really like it as a first name, it's beautiful!

Some family names we are considering are Elaine, Rose, Rosalie, Madeleine but we are not committed to using any of them.

I love the suggestion Lila, I actually mentioned this name to my husband last night. He isn't sure how he feels about it yet but maybe it'll end up on our list!

Thank you for all of your help!

Quote Originally Posted by livcathrynnnn View Post
    Gabriella- Cute, but I feel like this is so overused.
    Juliette- Gorgeous!! Such a strong name and very romantic. I love this name very much
    Violet- I was actually thinking about naming my daughter this. I love this along with other nature/flower names. Violet is beautiful, but I could never find a perfect pairing.
    Livia- I never really liked this name, especially because my name is Olivia. I feel like people name their daughters Livia because Olivia is too popular now. In my opinion, stick to the basics.
    Emilia- Such a pretty and elegant name. If you pair it with a strong middle name, her name would be absolutely gorgeous
    What do you think about Emilia Violet? Do you have any thoughts about a middle name for Juliette?

I really do love the name Olivia it was the my absolute favorite for a while.

Thank you for your help!