Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh, Sammy...

Hybrid View

Oh, Sammy...

I feel like I'm finally coming into the home-stretch on Samuel combos. And I'm down to two options:

Samuel Caspar (or Samuel Gaspard?)
    Samuel Fitzwilliam

I'm a massive P&P fan, so Fitzwilliam is for obvious reasons, and I really love it with Samuel. I'm leaning toward Samuel Fitzwilliam John for a full combo, if I go for Fitzwilliam. My dad, brother, and grandfather are/were all Johns, and while I find it frankly quite boring and filler and uninteresting (and I really have no desire to be the sixteenth person in my family to use John! Probably another reason I find John a tad boring...), but with the fiery, slightly-over-the-top Fitzwilliam, I think you need something a little boring like John, and I do really like the full Samuel Fitzwilliam John. And Caspar--it honors my sister through the Christmas/magi connection (she's a Natalie), and, in a roundabout way, it honors a very dear friend of mine who passed away in 2010. I'm really not sure about a second middle for Samuel Caspar--I've tossed around Samuel Caspar John, but I'm not 100% it.

Thoughts on Samuel Caspar/Gaspard vs. Samuel Fitzwilliam? What would you use for the second middle, if not John? And if neither Caspar or Fitzwilliam, what would you pair with Samuel? In the back of my mind, I'm still loving Samuel Pimpernel Gray (what little boy wouldn't love having the scarlet pimpernel as a namesake?! Although a pimpernel is a flower, so some might see it as feminine? I still think Samuel Pimpernel Gray is unspeakably cool, though. ) and Samuel Ciaran. Ciaran would be in honor of my mother (a Karen) and my grandmother (for her Irish lineage). Are either of those better than Samuel Caspar or Samuel Fitzwilliam?

Thanks, ladies!

Ooh, Samuel Gaspard is dreamy! Not keen on Samuel Caspar though, it lacks strength for me. Samuel Fitzwilliam John is charming, too; but then I looove John. It's not boring, it's classic and manly! However, I also like Ivan and Jonah (it has all the letters in it!) as ways to honour John.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

Och, I keep forgetting about Jonah! It is a rather awesome way to honor a John. Although I'm not sure how well Jonah fits with Fitzgerald or Caspar, but I do think Samuel Fitzgerald Jonah is interesting... And Samuel Jonah Gaspard could work. Hmm. I also love Jonah as a way to honor my grandmother, with it's "dove" meaning--she is an avid bird lover! Does Samuel Jonah Gaspard clash? I sort of like it, but I am just not sure.

Huge fan of Samuel Fitzwilliam John
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

Anyone else? I'm strongly leaning toward keeping John in all three cases--Samuel John Gaspard, Samuel Caspar John, or Samuel Fitzwilliam John--although I can't seem to choose between the three still. :/ Which of the three do you like best?

Thanks!