Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alena

Oh and I want to keep the Lena in there because Lena was my great granny's name.
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.

Favorite Boys: Harrison Bauer, Conrad Elias, Ransom Caius
    Favorite Girls: Imogen Temperance, Azalea Temperance, Calanthe Emmeline

Just wanted to say that I ADORE Seren Elena. Love love love. With such a gorgeous name I wouldn't call her Sam. Seren is stunning.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | NoemĂ­ Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara

Well, it depends in what tradition you pronounce it. This is a common Czech name, and then it's AH-leh-na with the stress on the first syllable,but soft vowels thereafter.

This is comparable to the Italian Elena, which also has soft syllables. It's EH-lehna, not Eh-LAY-na, in Italian.

But in an English context, I think there are really no rules, so you can tel lpeople to pronounce it any way you want.
    Last edited by wolv; May 5th, 2013 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolv View Post
    Well, it depends in what tradition you pronounce it. This is a common Czech name, and then it's AH-leh-na with the stress on the first syllable,but soft vowels thereafter.

This is comparable to the Italian Elena, which also has soft syllables. It's EH-lehna, not Eh-LAY-na, in Italian.

But in an English context, I think there are really no rules, so you can tel lpeople to pronounce it any way you want.
    I agree. Ah-leh-na and Eh-leh-na
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

Either Ah-LEE-na or ah-LEN-ah