Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alena

Alena

Do you pronounce Alena like Alaina, with a long A? Or like Aleena, with a long E?
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

I'm more likely to say it like ah-LEE-nah, although I both prefer the Shakespearean Aliena and the more classic Alina to the Alena spelling. My problem with Alena is that it looks like a trendy spelling of Elena, but I invariably say it like Alina. It confuses my brain, haha.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I'm more likely say Alaina. But it confuses me, so you might as well just use Alaina or Aleena depending on which you like.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Yeah, it confuses me too. I look and say Elena but then I think, no A lee na. I would go with Elena or Aleena.

The reason why I ask is because I like the combo of Seren Elena (long A), but if I switched it to Alena the initials would be SAM. I love Sam as a nickname for a little girl.
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad