Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too...?

Meh. It seems sort of girly to me. I know it's unisex, and I generally prefer unisex names on boys, but this one I think just sounds better for a girl. I think something like Winston or Windham would be pretty cool on a boy, though. I just think Wynne and automatically think of Winnie, which seems all girl to me (despite Winnie the Pooh!), and the "Y" makes it seem even more feminine. I do think Wynn helps it feel more masculine, but I think something like Winston or Windham nn Wynn is a better bet, personally.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

It is okay. I like it better without the e.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Agreed that the -e is unnecessary. I also agree that it would be a lot better if it were short for something, like most names are. Winston or Windham, like ash recommended, sound great. Is there a specific reason you chose the Wynne spelling?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Girls: Seraphine, Kristabel, Magdalena, Shiloh, Opal, Jobie, Calla, Seeley, Noelle, Mara, Lucille

Boys: Robin, Gabriel, Mackenzie, Nash, Phillip, Raphael, Edmund, Abraham, Lewis, Pierce, Link

Current Crushes: Mackie and Devlin

It's alright. A little Girly to me, but taking the e off and making it just Wynn seems a little more boy to me.