Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which nickname is best for Gianfranco?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gianni / Johnny

9 50.00%
  • Giano

1 5.56%
  • Frank / Frankie

4 22.22%
  • Franco

11 61.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Gianfranco

Gianfranco

I've liked this name for quite awhile now. Looking for general thoughts about it (usable or not? I come from a heavy Italian background with some Polish, Slovak, and few others from my mom. However, I'm not married or seeing anybody steady so it may be too much if he could end "Gianfranco Smith" for example.)

Also, what nickname do you best for it?
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I like the Italian flair of Gianfranco. I like many names beginning with Gian: Gianluca, Gianpaolo, Gianpietro etc...Gianni and Franco would be my favourite nicknames. And just suppose you married a Smith (one of the most common English surnames around), I think you would have to choose something more unusual as a first name.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I'm not a fan of Gianfranco but I think Franco would be a nice nickname.

Since Gianfranco is representative of your heritage, I don't think the possibility of clashing with dad's surname is an issue. Franco is my favorite nickname for Gianfranco. I also like Frankie.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I like Gianfranco. I don't think I could use it since I have no Italian heritage at all, but if you're Italian it's a very handsome choice. I voted for both Gianni/Johnny and for Franco. Johnny is a cute nickname you don't hear on little boys that often anymore. Franco is very cool, would age better than Johnny, and would probably be my first choice if you won't be bothered by the occasional James Franco reference.

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet