Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I've liked Owen for a long time. It feels like the name of a sweet little boy with an old soul to me.
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catharina, Beatrix Eveline, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair

I've gone back and forth between like and love with this name, but I think in the end it has everything but quirk. It is sweet in its simplicity, well-known but not uber-popular. I see a sweet, rascally little boy, and a thoughtful, intelligent man. But it is a bit on the tame side, so for my son we spiced it up with Maddox in the middle. We love it
    Cora Madeleine~Dahlia Vesper~Fiona Elspeth~Gwyneth Rosalie~Hazel Matilda~Margot Eliza~Sylvie Eloise~Vivienne Esme
    Arlo Vincent~Callum Ezra~Emmett Sebastian~Evander Leo~Julian Matteo~Lucian Xavier~Milo Everett~Theo Jameson

I definitely like it. It's simple and straightforward but doesn't feel dated or trendy. It's easy to spell and pronounce. The meaning isn't unpleasant and it has a nice sound. I could never use it because of my surname, but I think it's a fantastic name.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

It is a good solid name.
    -likeable
    -easy to say
    -easy to spell
    -classic
    -ages well
    -has history
    -has a good meaning
    -has a cute nickname "O"

That being said, I don't care for it at all. It super ridiculously popular where I live. It went from being super uncommon to being a top 5 name here. It seems trendy and lost all of its appeal for me. My co-worker has a son named Owen and there was always at least 2-3 other Owens in his class. Once you throw in Cowens and Cohens, which are also super popular here, they are all start to sound tired and boring.

I try to follow the birth announcements for my area, and for a couple of years now it has been one of the most commonly used names, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down at all.
    Last edited by uselesskitty; May 6th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

Owen's a great name. I love its simplicity.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly